Welcome to the Winter edition of The Wire. With the holidays just around the corner, we want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and New Year.
In this edition, we collated some useful articles about how we can help you to plan for the bad (and good!) things that come your way.
- Looking at why the mini-budget nearly bankrupt pension funds, an informative piece written by Phillip Kingscott, which details why pension funds struggled to meet their collateral requirements.
- Nick Rudd dives into 5 practical steps to make the most of your valuable allowances before the tax year-end, which includes how you can make the most of your ISA allowances.
- We also cover 3 practical tax benefits of a Venture Capital Trust.
- What sideways disinheritance is and how could it affect you going forward.
- Lastly, if you are in need of a post-Christmas pick-me-up trip for yourself or the whole family, we have included an insight on which luxurious winter destinations could offer you a great skiing trip next spring
For each of you as clients, your personal experience of working with our firm and our people is the only thing that really matters.
Nevertheless, there is perhaps some value in seeing how external parties view what we’re trying to do for you and so we thought telling you a bit about some recognition and awards we have received over the course of the year, could be of some interest to you.
- FTAdvisers have included us in their Top 100 Financial Advisors for the fourth year running. FTAdvisers take into consideration multiple factors such as the length of time a company has remained in business (36 years), whether it has achieved CII chartered or CISI accredited status, as well as financial data to indicate how successfully firms are doing the right thing by their clients, no matter what shocks might hit the UK. The Top 100 is compiled using Financial Clarity data from ISS Market Intelligence and those statistics continue to form the backbone of FTAdvisers’ rankings.
- Citywire New Model Adviser’s Top 100 Adviser again. The list celebrates the best of the professional financial planning community with its own set of criteria and represents the true spectrum of sizes when it comes to financial advice firms. They do not use for example, assets under advice to calculate the points they award but prefer other factors, such as investment in new advisers and qualifications.
SME News have awarded us Best High Net Worth Wealth Planners & Investment Management as part of the Southern Enterprise Awards 2022. SME base their outcome on a variety of specific criteria’s including, client dedication, innovation, business growth, longevity, online reputation, customer feedback and business performance. The Southern Enterprise Awards started in 2018 and since then it aims to recognise all individuals that show true excellence across the southern regions.
There are around 5,000 financial advisory firms in the UK.
HFMC Wealth as lead sponsor of the historic motor sport event, Veloce, and as a supporter of numerous staff-led charitable activities, has helped raise over £200,000 during this year for the following charities: Hope for Tomorrow, Halow project, Hope House and Tŷ Gobaith and Different Strokes.
Once again, we would like to wish you seasons greetings and hope that 2023 will bring you all good health and prosperity.